The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i. (FZU) is a public research institution focused on basic and applied research in the area of physics. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1,300 employees where a significant part is represented by employees from abroad.
The FZU ambition is to push the boundaries of human knowledge and to carry out top class research of elementary particles, condensed systems, optics and plasma and laser physics.
On 26th April 2019 the FZU has become a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award certificate which is awarded by the European Commission. The FZÚ, the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, has thus ranked among the group of prestigious European institutions having the right to use this certificate
Joint Laboratory of Optics in Olomouc is looking for a new colleague (M/F) to work as:
- Development, design and construction of optical systems for optomechanical and optoelectronic devices.
- Development of optical technologies and measuring and control methods in optics.
- Completed master's degree with specialisation in optics or physical engineering with knowledge of wave and geometric optics with the potential for further development thanks to Ph.D. programs.
- Ability to work with the environment of Zemax or Oslo programs for the construction of optical systems at a good level.
- English at a communicative level.
- Independence, a sense of responsibility and team spirit are the parameters that drive us together to successful goals.
- Opportunity to participate in the work of an outstanding research institution
- Possibility of personal development in optical and optomechanical technologies
- Support of further development and growth
- Flexible working hours
- Meal vouchers
- 5 weeks of annual leave and 6 sick days
- Good value tariffs offered by O2 Czech Republic a. s.
- Contribution to private pension and life insurance scheme
- Client card of The Centre of Administration and Operations of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- MultiSport Card and other benefits
Start upon agreement
The job is suitable both for experienced persons as well as for graduates.
If interested, please, send your CV and cover letter in the Czech and English language to the email address of the contact person.
In the subject of your e-mail please enter the respective job title.
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on the FZU website, at: https://www.fzu.cz/o-fzu/uredni-deska/zpracovani-osobnich-udaju.