Quantum size MOVPE grown AIIIBV nanostructures
Name and Curriculum vitae of contact person:
Eduard Hulicius (Ing., CSc )
Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Position - Head of MOVPE laboratory
Fields of scientific activity:
• Semiconductor lasers, LED and laser structures especially for mid-infrared wavelength region.
• MOVPE technology, AIIIBV layers, heterostructures and nanostructures with emphasis on nanotechnology.
• Characterisation of optical, electrical and structural properties of semiconductors.
• The supervisor of 7 diploma theses, 7 PhD and CSc theses and 2 post-doc projects.
Author or co-author of more than 180 scientific publications (36 were published in international journals) to which more than 90 references appeared in the literature. Amongst these there are joint papers with the University of Montpellier, University of Alberta, FTI Leningrad, Inst of Phys RuAS, University of Leipzik, HMF lab. Grenoble, RWTH Aachen, AIXTRON, TU Berlin, EPICHEM, FhI Ga-Pa, EI-SAS, and FMF-UK, FS-MU, FEE-, FJFI-, FME-CTU, ICHT, T. Blatná, IREE-CAS. 18 invited conference papers and also contributions to three books.
Selected study stays abroad:
In 1977 3 months stay at Lebedev Inst. - FIAN Mocow (lab. of Prof. P.G. Eliseev, dep. of Prof. A.N. Basov).
In 1986 4 months stay at University of Alberta, Faculty of Sciences, Edmonton (lab. of Prof. F.L. Weichman).
In 1986 1 month invitation to lectures at Indian TU: Delhi, Bombay, Bangalore, Madras.
From 1976 to 2004 -15 times from 1 to 5 weeks in Ioffe Inst. FTI St. Petersburg.
Grant project activities:
Contractor or co-ordinator of 16 Grant projects (EU, GAČR, GAAV, MŠMT) and in 10
others I have been as a participant during last 12 years. The projects are from these three fields: Semiconductor lasers, LEDs and laser structures; Porous-Si and porous-GeSi; MOVPE technology, AIIIBV layers, structures and devices.
Selected international projects:
Contractor of: COPERNICUS (Contr. No. CIPA-CT94-0158) (1995-1996), COSTE, LIMOVAC Proposal No. ERB 3510 PL 92 9657, Contract No. CIPA-CT93-0161, (1994-97), ITS RTD, GLADIS Proposal No 2001-35178 (2002-5).
Participation in: EC-PECO-CT 927839(1993-96) and INCO COPERNICUS ADMIRAL, Contr. No. BRPR CT97 0466, Project No. BE 97-4155, (1997-2000).
Co-ordinator of: EC European Nanotechnology Network - Index: 52 "MOVPE prepared materials and structures for electronics and optoelectronic devices (2001- )".
Industrial applications and external co-operation: more than 50 cooperations - Czech Rep., Europe, USA.
Selected related publications from last 5 years:
• J. Pangrác, J. Oswald, E. Hulicius, K. Melichar, V. Vorlíček, I. Drbohlav, and T. Šimeček: InAs/GaAs Multiple quantum dot structures grown by LP-MOVPE, Thin. Sol. Films 380, 101-104 (2000)
• F. Wilk, B. Genty, G. Fraisse, P. Boissier, M. Grech, El Gazouli, A. Joullié, P. Christol, J. Oswald, T. Šimeček, and E. Hulicius: MBE growth of InAs/InAsSb/AlAsSb struct. for midinfra. lasers, J. Cryst. Gr. 223, 341-348 (2001)
• K. Kuldová, J. Oswald, E. Hulicius, J. Pangrác, and J. Zeman: Magneto-photoluminescence study of electronic transitions of self-organised InAs/GaAs QDs mono and multilayer struct., Mat. Sci. and Eng. B88, 247-51 (2002)
• J. Humlíček, D. Munzar, K. Navrátil, M. Lorenc, J. Oswald, J. Pangrác, and E. Hulicius: Polarization anisotropy of photoluminescence from multilayer InAs/GaAs quantum dots, Physica E, 13, 229-232 (2002)
• J. Toušková, E. Samochin, D. Kindl, J. Toušek, J. Oswald, E. Hulicius, J. Pangrác, K. Melichar, and T. Šimeček: Photovoltage Spectroscopy of InAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Structures, J. Appl. Phys. 91, 10103-10106 (2002)
• J. Oswald, E.Hulicius, J. Pangrác, K. Melichar, T. Šimeček, O. Petříček, K. Kuldová, P. Hazdra, J. Voves: Lasers with -InAs Active Layer in GaAs, Mat. Sci. and Eng. B88, 312-316 (2002)
• P. Hazdra, J. Voves, J. Oswald, E. Hulicius, J. Pangrác, and T. Šimeček: -InAs structures embedded in GaAs grown by MOVPE characterised by electroluminescence and photocurrent spectroscopy, J. Cryst. Gr. 248C, 328-332 (2003)