Marital status: married, 2 children
Citizenship: Czech Republic
- 1991—1997 Diploma in optical engineering and technology, ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1999—2002 Ph.D., Technical University, Prague.
- 2001—2002 Practice at the Technical University in Dresden (Germany).
- 1997—2006 Researcher, Division of Optics, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- 2006—present Head of Department of optical and biophysical systems (former Department of Applied Optics), Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- 2007—present Head of Division of Optics, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- 2006 Josef Hlávka award for unique ellipsometric study of self-polarized ferroelectric films.
Other professional activities:
- 2011-2014 Member of the Scientific Board of the Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (RCPTM).
- 2013-2017 Member of the Evaluation Panel 205 (Biophysics, macromolecular physics, and optics) of Czech Science Foundation (GA CR).
- 2011-present Member of the Scientific Board of SAFMAT .
- 2015-present Head of the committee for commercialization, Institute of Physics CAS.
- 2014-present Member of the Academy Assembly of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- 2015-present Member of Council for Cooperation of the Czech Academy of Sciences with Business and Application Sphere.
- 2017-present Member of Council of the Institute of Physics Czech Academy of Sciences.
Author of 185 original publications, 2 book chapters, 1 book, 8 patents and utility designs, > 1700 citations. H-index =21 (according to Google Scholar)
List of publications >>
- Advanced physical methods in modern industry and life sciences.
- Novel applications of spectroscopic ellipsometry and spectrophotometry.
- Optical study of phase transformations in solids, polymers and biomaterials.
- Low temperature plasma applications for industrial and biomedical applications.
- Magnetically controlled processes in living objects.
- Doping effects in thin films surfaces and interfaces.
- Tensile strain effect in ultra-thin perovskite films.
- TK01020187 TA ČR Additively manufactured and plasmatically coated conformal heat exchangers (2018-2022)
- FV10081, MPO –TRIO, Low temperature plasma for human medicine (2016-2020)
- TA04010449 TA ČR, Low temperature plasma in medicine, (2014-2017)
- 15-13778S GA ČR, Epitaxial effects in ferrolectric nanofilms probed by spectroscopic ellipsometry (2015-2017)
- M100101219 Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Advanced physical methods in life sciences (2012-2015)
- AV0Z10100522-Institutional research plan - Wave and Corpuscular Light Propagation, Optical Materials and Technology (2005-2011)
- 202/08/1009, GA ČR, Characterization and technology of novel perovskite structures (2008-2010)