FZU – Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading public research institution in Prague, Czechia. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1100 employees. FZU pursues high-quality, innovative, and ground-breaking fundamental and applied research. Our researchers try to understand and explain the basic phenomena and processes of this world and respond to society's current scientific and technical challenges.
The Molecular Transport Group at the Institute of Physics (FZU) of the Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Prague invites applications for the position above.
The successful candidate (m/f/d) will join a dynamic research team led by Héctor Vázquez focused among other projects on machine learning and work on single molecule electron transport. The position is fully funded by a research grant and can be extended up to 3 years. The PhD candidate will also enroll in the doctoral program at a Czech university.
What you will do
- Actively participate in a research program in single molecule conductance simulations
- Participate in group meetings and prepare manuscripts
- Participate in international conferences and regular collaboration with experimental groups
- Work in an international environment in the heart of Europe
- Applicants will collaborate with postdocs in the group
What we offer
- Dynamic working and scientific international environment
- Regular participation in international conferences and regular collaboration with experimental groups
- Salary and bonuses will be discussed during the interview
- Housing options via the Academy of Sciences
- Bachelor’s degree (active Master’s student) or Master’s degree in chemistry, physics, material science
- Experience in at least one of these fields:
- electronic structure of molecular junctions
- machine learning methods
- molecular conductance calculations
- Advanced English - written and spoken
- Familiarity with programming skills (e.g., Python, FORTRAN)
- Will to learn new techniques and approaches
- Supervision or co-supervision of the doctoral study from the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Terms of employment
- Start of employment as soon as possible, depending on the availability of the applicant
- Full-time job with flexible hours, extended vacations, work from home, and a wide range of other benefits
- 1- 3-year contract with possible extension
- Please send your CV, cover letter (describing your professional experience), publication list, and, contact details of two references to the HR Partner Monika Svobodová at monika [dot] svobodova [at] fzu [dot] cz.
- For more information contact the supervisor Héctor Vázquez at vazquez [at] fzu [dot] cz.
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences: https://www.fzu.cz/en/about-fzu/official-noticeboard/processing-of-personal-data