Marital status: married, 2 children
Citizenship: Czech Republic
• 1991—1997 Diploma in optical engineering and technology, ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
• 1999—2002 Ph.D., Technical University, Prague.
• 2001—2002 Practice at the Technical University in Dresden (Germany).
• 1997—2006 Researcher, Division of Optics, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
• 2006—present Head of Department of optical and biophysical systems (former Department of Applied Optics), Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
• 2007—present Head of Division of Optics, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
• 2006 Josef Hlávka award for unique ellipsometric study of self-polarized ferroelectric films.
Other professional activities:
• 2011-2014 Member of the Scientific Board of the Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (RCPTM).
• 2013-2017 Member of the Evaluation Panel 205 (Biophysics, macromolecular physics, and optics) of Czech Science Foundation (GA CR).
• 2011-present Member of the Scientific Board of SAFMAT .
• 2015-present Head of the committee for commercialization, Institute of Physics CAS.
• 2014-present Member of the Academy Assembly of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
• 2015-present Member of Council for Cooperation of the Czech Academy of Sciences with Business and Application Sphere.
• 2017-present Member of Council of the Institute of Physics Czech Academy of Sciences.
• 2019-present Council chairman of the National Centre of Competence for Materials, Advanced Technologies, Coatings and their Applications (MATCA).
Author of >200 original publications, 2 book chapters, 1 book, 10 patents and utility designs, > 2200 citations. Google Scholar
• Advanced physical methods in modern industry and life sciences.
• Novel applications of spectroscopic ellipsometry and spectrophotometry.
• Optical study of phase transformations in solids, polymers and biomaterials.
• Low temperature plasma applications for industrial and biomedical applications.
• Magnetically controlled processes in living objects.
• Doping effects in thin films surfaces and interfaces.
• Tensile strain effect in ultra-thin perovskite films.
• TN01000038 TA ČR. National Centre of Competence for Materials, Advanced Technologies, Coatings and their Applications MATCA (219-2020)
• TK01020187 TA ČR Additively manufactured and plasmatically coated conformal heat exchangers (2018-2022)
• FV10081, MPO –TRIO, Low temperature plasma for human medicine (2016-2020)
• TA04010449 TA ČR, Low temperature plasma in medicine, (2014-2017)
• 15-13778S GA ČR, Epitaxial effects in ferrolectric nanofilms probed by spectroscopic ellipsometry (2015-2017)
• M100101219 Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Advanced physical methods in life sciences (2012-2015)
• AV0Z10100522-Institutional research plan - Wave and Corpuscular Light Propagation, Optical Materials and Technology (2005-2011)
• 202/08/1009, GA ČR, Characterization and technology of novel perovskite structures (2008-2010)