The FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with over 1300 employees. Our ambition is to push the boundaries of knowledge and to conduct top research. Do you want to find out more? Are you looking for an expert, a manager or a consultant? Our scientists will give you a helping hand!
Themes for students
Unique Cherenkov telescopes have successfully been installed at the Ondřejov Observatory near Prague. There are two telescopes at the site, which are now the largest optical telescopes in the Czech Republic. They have been developed in the frame of the Charenkov Telescope Array Observatory, and evaluated as performing telescopes in the high energy region above 1 TeV.
Minister Gazdík had the opportunity to talk to the representatives of ELI research teams in the laser and experimental halls. The head of the centre, Roman Hvězda, informed minister Gazdík about the history of the construction and the commissioning of unique research technologies and about current activities for research users.
The atomically sharp domain walls that were discovered by an international team led by researchers from the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, might considerably improve the research of ulta-fast memory devices made from antiferromagnetic materials.
Most sought-after research themes
- Antiferromagnetic spintronics (ASPIN)
- Electronic structure and materials properties
- Matrix Assisted Pulsed Laser Evaporation (MAPLE)
- Micromechanical resonators with intentionally changeable physical and mechanical properties applicable in various biomaterials and physical sensors
- Magnetic properties of coordination and organometallic compounds
Most sought-after projects
- Multiferroics induced by strain or by terahertz radiation (Multiferroics)
- MXenes: plasmon-assisted surface modification and properties tuning (MAXSURF)
- Driving Charge Transport in Chromophore-Protein Complexes through Tryptophan Pathways
- Příprava nanostrukturovaných SI/Ge/C depozitů
- NOVÉ MATERIÁLOVÉ KONCEPCE PRO RYCHLÉ SCINTILÁTORY (N-SCIMAT)
Find research or project
100+ partner institutions and universities across the whole world
We have been collaborating with many important institutions and universities around the world in the area of research, development and innovation to push the boundaries of human knowledge.