Within the group of diamond thin films and carbon nano-structures we are dealing with fundamental as well as application-oriented research containing topics like:
- Chemical vapor deposition of diamond films on various substrates at high (250 mbar) and low (0.1 mbar) pressures and high (1100 °C) and low (250 °C) temperatures.
- Large area (up to 600 cm2) deposition of diamond and diamond-like carbon (DLC) films and carbon nanotubes by linear antenna plasma system.
- Nucleation of non-diamond substrates by various techniques (ultrasonic seeding, polymer composites, spin coating) for tailored growth of polycrystalline diamond films.
- Patterned growth of polycrystalline diamond structures (IDT structures, transistor channels, TLM structures).
- Nano-patterning of diamond thin films by reactive ion etching or by selective area deposition with assistance of electron/optical lithography.
- Research & development of electrically passive and/or active biocompatible substrates for regenerative medicine.
- Research & development of electronic and optical demonstrators (gas sensor, IS FET, biosensors, high temperature piezoresistors, vibrating membranes, SAW elements, optical resonators, etc.).
- Research & development of high power electronic devices combining diamond and GaN/SiC/AlN, etc.
- Electrochemical and catalytic purification & cleaning & disinfection of contaminated water using diamond electrodes.
- Research & development of photonic and quantum elements based on photoluminescence of optically active color centers (Si, N, Ni, Er, etc.).