I use theoretical methods to study non-equilibrium systems in different fields including structural and magnetic properties of surface nanostructures, epitaxial growth on metal as well as on semiconductor surfaces, pulsed laser deposition, surface phase transitions, multi-scale simulations of surface growth, properties of random networks, or transport of particles in quasi one-dimensional structures.
In general, I am interested in non-equilibrium statistical mechanics and in methodology of numerical simulations. I utilize the following methods: thermodynamic as well as kinetic Monte Carlo, molecular dynamics simulations, rate equations, cellular automata.
I have been working on several topics:
- calculation of diffusion barriers on Pt/Pt(111), Pt/Pt(111) and Rh/Rh(111),
- determination of scaling exponents for kinetic roughening in growth models with epitaxy,
- study of an interplay between kinetic roughening and phase ordering,
- modeling of surface nanostructures for Ag islands on Si(111)-(7×7),
- study of dynamics of growth in systems with impurities,
- study of ordering during growth of two-component materials,
- investigation of particle transport in narrow channels by a stochastic model.