- Growth of inorganic crystals by micro-pulling-down method, especially multicomponent garnets, perovskites, orthosilicates or lithium-containing crystals
- Determination and optimization of growth conditions and material compositions
- Study of luminescence and scintillation properties of materials, influence of composition and technological parameters on their scintillation mechanism and energy transfer and storage processes.
- Research and development of novel materials for scintillators, luminophores and lasers and their applications
- Study of defects in materials and their influence on luminescence and scintillation properties