Title: Ing., Ph.D.
Born in the year: 1971
Contact address: Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i. Na Slovance 2, Praha 8, 18221
E-mail: kocourek [at] fzu [dot] cz
1991 - 1995 Czech Technical University, Faculty of Nuclear Science and Physical Engineering (Bc.).
1999 - 2003 Czech Technical University, Faculty of Nuclear Science and Physical Engineering (Ing.).
2004 - 2010 Czech Technical University, Faculty of Nuclear Science and Physical Engineering (Ph.D.).
1996 - lasts Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
2005 - lasts Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, CTU Prague.
Research activities and Specialization
• Pulsed laser deposition (PLD) for preparation of thin films.
• Preparation of biocompatible doped thin layers.
• Preparation of bioactive thin films.
• Preparation of ferroelectric and ferromagnetic thin films.
• Preparation of thin layers of thermal skutterudites for thermoelectric applications.
• Hybrid deposition systems PLD (dual PLD, PLD combination with other additional discharge, magnetron sputtering or ion bombardment) for preparing suitable films, multilayers and graded layers.
• Preparation of thin hydroxyapatite layers to cover dental implants.
• Preparation of DLC thin films for coverage of vascular and articular implants, and other medical applications.
• Preparation of thin films for planar optical lasers.
• Preparation of thin films for gas detectors.
• Homogeneous coverage of large areas using PLD.
• Preparation of organic films by MAPLE.
• Preparation of nanoparticles using the excimer laser.
Author of 109 papers in refereed, impacted international scientific journals (Web of Science in 2019). His publications have 883 citations (Web of Science in 2019). Hirsch index 16 (Web of Science in 2019).
He is taking part in education process of bachelor, master, Ph.D., and Erasmus students. He is giving lectures at Czech Technical University, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering.
He participates / participated in 15 grants of the Czech Grant Agency, 1 grant of Grant agency of ASCR, 2 grants of Ministry of Industry, 3 grants of Ministry of Health, 5 University grants and 7 international grants (PECO, NATO Linkage, COPERNICUS, Human Mobility, IST Nanophos, SafeCatether 7FP) (in 2019).