The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i. (FZU) is a public research institution focused on basic and applied research in the area of physics. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1,300 employees where a significant part is represented by employees from abroad. The FZU ambition is to push the boundaries of human knowledge and to carry out top class research of elementary particles, condensed systems, optics and plasma and laser physics.
We are looking for a new colleague to our chemistry department.
Technician for a chemical laboratory – part-time contract possible
Work in the Department of Optical and Biophysical Systems – specialisation in organic chemistry
- Chemical analysis
- Preparation works for physical laboratories of the institute
- Participation in various scientific projects focused on chemistry
- Technical work in a team of chemists with the possibility of creative development and career growth
- Administrative work
- University education in chemistry or secondary education in the respective field + al least 5 years of practice
- Knowledge of macromolecular chemistry is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of English, mainly an ability to understand written text
- User knowledge of MS Office, mainly MS Excel
- A responsible approach to assigned tasks
- Diligence, consistency and professionalism
- Interest in working in an academic environment
- The friendly, creative environment of a dynamic research team with an interdisciplinary focus
- 5-week holiday + 5 sick days (proportional part in the case of a part-time contract)
- Meal vouchers of 80 CZK / piece (the employee pays 36% of the meal voucher value)
- Possibility to attend language courses
- MultiSport Card
- Influenza vaccination
- Possibility to use a recreation cottage in Krkonoše
- After a year of the employment contract at the FZU, the employee is entitled to a contribution towards a private pension scheme up to 500 CZK / month, contribution to recreation, rehabilitation, culture and sport (4.200 CZK per year), contribution to recreation for each child up to 15 amounting to 5 000 a year.
- Visitor’s room for employees’ children
- Discount employee liability insurance for the damage caused to the employer
- All other benefits and details of their use are described in the Collective Bargaining Agreement concluded between the Trade Union and the FZU
Start upon agreement.
If interested, please, send your CV and cover letter in Czech and English via e-mail below.
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on the FZU website: https://www.fzu.cz/en/about-fzu/official-noticeboard/processing-of-personal-data.
Do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions.