CrysTBox cellViewer is computer tool for interactive crystallographic visualization of
- atomic structure (direct space)
- diffraction pattern (reciprocal space)
- stereographic projection
- inverse pole figure (IPF)
CellViewer offers two interactive views, where you can observe the material using arbitrary combination of the four aforementioned visualization modes. Both views are functionally interconnected, so your action in one view is immediately reflected in the other one:
- if you select diffraction spot, corresponding plane is shown in the atomic structure, stereographic projection, etc.
- if you click into IPF, corresponding plane or direction is shown in the atomic structure
- if you rotate the atomic structure, the diffraction patterns changes correspondingly
CellViewer can be used for visualization of crystal orientation determined using diffractGUI from electron diffraction patterns or HRTEM images.
From brief handshake to deep expertise
Here you can find further materials about cellViewer from very basic to advanced ones.
- Quick-start video
- Short video showing how CrysTBox copes even with a noisy diffraction pattern.
- Commented video tutorial
- Ancient video showing showing how to work with one of the first versions of diffractGUI, ringGUI and cellViewer. Even though many new features have been added, the principles and basic controls still remain the same.
- Detailed description of graphical user interface
- Ancient but very detailed description of user interface controls. Again, even though many new features have been added, the principles and basic controls still remain the same.